Research & Development
Parker Robinson Pvt Ltd has a CGMP Certification and DSIR recognized in house R&D Unit. Finished products has launched by the Company after an extensive research and experimentation and successful trial. Parker Robinson has brought to the market till now, more than fifty branded allopathic and seven herbal finished formulations under human healthcare and are targeted for dermatological, conventional, cosmeceuticals and nutritional products with safe, efficacious and economical benefits.
The major aims of Parker's R&D is its research in the field of natural products, encompassing the screening of medicinal plants for their pharmacological benefits; the identification of active principles; and the development of extraction and purification systems for industrial application. Parker's R&D Centre is well equipped with sophisticated scientific instruments and facilities to ensure and maintain the quality of health and safety, improved efficacy and increased productivity, A research team with skillful and energetic personnel has been employed for conducting research on phytochemistry, quality assurance and control, bioassay, microbiology and phatmacology. Additionally, to ensure sustainable supplies on its key products, herbal plants cultivation efforts has been successfully undertaken by the Company and provides a platforM for developing innovative natural products with scientific and clinical validation.
Analytical and Instrumentation
Instrumental analysis is an integral part of Quality Assurance. Parker's R&D is equipped with:
- UV-VIS Spectrophotometer
- High Performance Liquid Chromatograph (HPLC)
- Atomic Absorption Spectrophotometer (AAS)
- Semi Micro Balance and Moisture Analyzer and others
- "Development of anti-inflammatory and burn wound healing formulations from traditional leads'. Period : 1 years (2011 - 2012). Total project cost is Rs.100 lakhs of which Rs.50 lakhs is funded by Department of Science & Technology (DST) as a soft loan. Remaining Rs.50 lakhs is funded by Parker Robinson Pvt Ltd.
- "Anti aging and anti-wrinkle formulation with matrix metalloproteinase inhibitory activity from natural resources" a collaborative project is running with School of Natural Product Studies at Jadabpur University Koi-32 under the leadership of Dr. Pulok K. Mukherjee. Period 3 years (2009 - 2012). Total project cost is Rs.55 lakhs of which Rs.9 lakhs is funded by Parker Robinson Pvt Ltd and remaining is funded by Department of Science Technology (DST).
Parker Robinson shall develop, implement and maintain Quality System in order to:
- Produce High Quality. Products that Meet the initial and continuing needs and expectations of our Customers in relation to the Performance, Reliability and Safety Requirements and is responsible for proper implementation of this Quality Policy.
- Compliance with Quality System will have to be reached at Optimal Cost by using Technology, People, Material and Machines efficiently.
- Management will take alt 'necessary steps to ensure that the Quality Policy is understood, implemented and Maintained at all levels in the organization.
- We will deliver to our Customers, both external and internal, Piroclucts and Services confirming at all 'times to dearly establish requirements which show fitness for use for both Patients and Medical Community.
We commit Ourselves, as Business Unit and as Individuals to-
"DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND EVERY TIME"
To achieve this, we will create an Environment that encourages our Employees and Suppliers to prevent defects.
We shall ensure that the Products riot orgy •contityth5cisfy meet the set requirements but also meet the changing needs of Customers.
Continuous improvement of all our Process, Products and Services shall be a way of life at our organization.
We understand Quality Maintenance and Improvement as follows
- Quality for survival and growth
- Quality at first instance
- Quality is everybody's business
- Quality — true test of management performance
- Quality — safe guard for the future
- Quality — includes conformance to standards
- Quality and productivity are two sides of coin
- Quality — a key to national prosperity
- Quality — pays for itself.